This is Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, we’ll be bringing you different themed posts showcasing the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Sarah from Boo, Roo & Tigger Too.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog Hello everyone, I’m Sarah and I blog over at www.boorooandtiggertoo.com. I’m a recent SAHM after being made redundant last year which still feels a little strange. It does allow me to spend more time with my three children as well a pursue an income via blog. I started my blog back in August 2011 as I returned to work following maternity leave with my second child. Blogging the highs and lows of being a working parent. My site has evolved over the years to showcase family life, the things in it and the days out we enjoy.
2. What is your current relationship status?
I’m married to Mr. Boo and this year we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary. Although have been together for 17 years. We met when we were just 17 years old so have spent half of our lives together.
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
When we got married and certainly since we have had children we don’t tend to do anything for Valentine’s Day. We prefer to celebrate on our wedding anniversary.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
I’m a dinner and movie kind of girl. So for me we’d go to Coast to Coast or Frankie and Benny’s for a meal. Before heading to the cinema to snuggle up and watch a movie together, sharing a large drink and a bag of sweets.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
For me, it isn’t about the grand gestures it is the everyday things that my husband does for me. From texting me at lunchtime to ask how my day is going and to tell me that he loves me. The chocolate bar he brings home because he knows I’ve got bad PMT or how he sits through my love of Big Brother etc. when he’d rather be watching something else.
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
I love the Wedding Date. From the opening screen where she hands over the airline ticket and The Corrs ‘Breathless’ song starts playing I am hooked. It is closely followed by Sweet Home Alabama which simply has me hooked on how you really can find your soulmate when you are young.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Joshua Jackson – I was a huge Dawson’s Creek fan as a teenager and always preferred him to James Van Der Beek. However, Joshua Jackson has certainly aged well and still holds a special place in my heart.
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
Whilst I love to see fresh flowers and if someone bought them for me I wouldn’t refuse. However, personally I think that they are overpriced and not worth the money. I’d rather put that money towards something else.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
I’ve got three children, all in different age groups. My eldest daughter who is 10 years old, a son who is 6 and my youngest daughter who just over a year old. I tend to leave it until they are about to start school and have another baby. Although I think we are finished having babies. Realistically if we hadn’t left an age gap between them we would have like more.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
Against All Odds, by Phil Collins – The path to our wedding was a rocky one with families being, well families I guess. Whilst we love the song, it was a nod to everyone who thoughts that we wouldn’t make it to the altar and now nearly 13 years later we are proud to have survived… Against all odds.
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
No plans this year, it’s half term week so we will probably be away for the day with the children either at Drayton Manor or similar. As long as we are together, we’re not fussed how we spend the day.
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
Oh no! I really don’t like seafood so there is no way I would ever try these
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
It’s always been my dream to visit New York at Christmas. I can imagine us standing in front of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree hand in hand – perfect. Failing that white sandy beaches overlooking crisp blue waters would be fabulous.
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
As we’ve never really done gifts on Valentine’s Day I don’t have one to share. Although my husband bought me a beautiful eternity ring for our 10th wedding anniversary.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship.
Respect – whilst we might not agree on everything in life we do respect each others views and opinions. Understanding that neither one of us more important than the other and that we are equals in our marriage.
You can find out even more about Sarah over at her blog and social media channels!
Blog URL: www.boorooandtiggertoo.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/boorooandtiggertoo